Refurbishment of the Mausoleum at Kellie Castle

The burial place of Archibald, 7th Earl of Kellie and his sister Anne (d.1803) was probably built as a folly by an earlier earl. Earls had been buried in their own aisle in Carnbee church until then. The surrounding fields belonged to a local farmer but the mausoleum was still retained by The Earl of Mar and Kellie.
This project was jointly funded by the Society and Hew Lorimer, and overseen by Murray Jack. It included the removal of the dangerous roof, cleaning out of the interior and repair of railings around the two graves.