- Serpentine Walk between Upper and Lower Largo..
- Elie Church towards the cost of placing historic lamp posts at gate to church
- Elie and Earlsferry Community Council towards the cost of renovating the old drinking fountain at Toll Green, funds raised by local members.
- St Monans Kirk towards the cost of window renovation.
- Wall of Abercrombie well re-built.
- Area around St Monan’s Cell was tidied up and a retaining wall built.
- Butler’s House, Arncroach bought and sold to restoring purchaser.
- Re-pointing of walls at Newburn Church.
- Restoration of Lorimer door at St Monans Church Hall.
This 1893 Gillespie and Scott plan was recently discovered by Colinsburgh Community Council, but was in poor condition. It was sent to Hopetoun House for restoration, where it was flattened, had water stains removed, backed onto linen and stored in an acid free box. Digital copies were made and one of these is now on display in the Town Hall.
The Society commissioned and presented armorial stones to the Scottish Fisheries museum to mark the Millennium in 2000, and to St Monans Heritage Centre the following year. We have a stone ready for Cellardyke once a suitable location has been secured. The designs are by Bob Crerar and the stone mason is Nicholas Sweeney.
The Society had been involved in restoration of the historic milestones around the roads of North East Fife, with the active participation of Fife Council.
Pitkerie doocot was restored in 1975, including the central revolving ladder for collecting eggs, known as a potin.
At Newark, there was re-pointing and harling of the walls of the round doocot, leaving the flower hat.
The doocot at Kilrenny had a tree growing through the roof when restoration began, but is now re-roofed and can be viewed on the way to Kilrenny Common.
The burial place of Archibald, 7th Earl of Kellie and his sister Anne (d.1803) was probably built as a folly by an earlier earl. Earls had been buried in their own aisle in Carnbee church until then. The surrounding fields belonged to a local farmer but the mausoleum was still retained by The Earl of Mar and Kellie.
This project was jointly funded by the Society and Hew Lorimer, and overseen by Murray Jack. It included the removal of the dangerous roof, cleaning out of the interior and repair of railings around the two graves.
Establishment of a heritage site on the saltpans and restoration of the windmill at Coal Farm, St Monans
The windmill project was initiated by the Society in the 1970s, with fund-raising and many meetings, to ensure the restoration of the windmill, and to excavate the foundations of the houses of the salt panners of St Monans, just below the windmill. There are now information boards explaining the process of salt production there, and it has become a heritage site and visitor attraction.
This 16th c tower house on the estate of Largo House had deteriorated to a very poor state when the Society stepped in in 1978, took on the project, raised funds for it and carried through a full restoration.
This 17th and 18th house of great character was purchased by the Society, and its renovation was completed in 1967. The restoration cost about £4500. It was then sold to become a family home again.